Lunch today was at an interesting place called WangMaZi. upon entering the building, the center atrium had many of the dishes out for display. As is the norm, they were each individually vacuum sealed in clear plastic, with a small wine glass in the center, holding the wrapping up and off of the food like the canopy of a tent. On another wall was a man chucking oysters - oh how I wished I could have some. Anyway, next to that man, was a wall of aquariums maybe 4 high, and 20 long or so, featuring all of the standard seafood items that I am accustomed to seeing here - fish, crab, shrimp, oysters, snails, etc. The place was a bit dated, but the service was fast - within about 2 minutes of making our order in the lobby, our food was already arriving at our booth. The main claim to fame of this restaurant was fried Chinese dumplings - of which, we ordered several varieties, meat filled, seafood, and vegetable. They were about 3 inches long and maybe 1 inch and diameter and all were quite delicious. We also had some plates of vegetables, liver, and what was a cross between sardines and fried smelt - all very tasty.
In case I forgot to post this earlier, here is the location of our new building in Dalian:
And here is the nearby McDonalds - look closely and you can see the golden arches!
By the end of the work day Friday, I was wiped out, and elected to just take a taxi back to the hotel. I arrived back at 6:15pm and ate in the hotel cafe (the breakfast area) around 6:30pm. Believe it or not, I just ordered a hamburger and fries with a coke. After dinner I had some more work to finish up and went to bed around 10:15pm or so to rest up for the weekend.
Sunday, April 1, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment