Sorry, this day was not very eventful as I had to work on document until 3:00pm. At that time, Winson came over and we did some Flight Simulator until around 6:00pm. Then, we went over to the top of the hill at the Labor Park (across the street from my hotel from previous visits - the Swishotel). It was a bit chilly, maybe 40 degrees and quite windy. I was absolutely starving as I hadn't eaten anything since my 8:00am breakfast at the hotel. We walked through the park, showing it to a coworker from Cleveland who was with us. Strangely enough, he hadn't been though the park yet, even though he has been here at least as many times as me.
We eventually would our way around back near Swishotel and Parkland mall when we decided to eat at the German brew-pub restaurant called the Paulaner Biergarten, located diagonally across the street in a basement level of a fancy German hotel - The Kempinsky. I had been there on a previous trip and thought my no-so-adventurous eater from the states would enjoy it. It is a very large restaurant, decorated with old black and white photos from Germany, and built with plenty of dark wood panels, and authentic feeling large wooden table. The shiny copper microbrew equipment also looked right at home in this restaurant. Very cool to be in a little piece of Germany, in China. I had the beef rouladen, with red cabbage (my favorite), and mashed potatoes. I also scarfed down a large plate of potato salad and was absolutely stuffed by the time we left, around 8:30pm.
We walked around the grocery store under the Swishotel, and then the other local one just to the north, and then took a cab back to the hotel where I called it a night and was asleep by 9:45pm.
Sunday, April 1, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ha. Paulaner - my favorite beer. That's the beer Lisa spilled on my new carpet. Sounds like a place I could actually eat at.
Matt
Post a Comment