Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Monday, January 18 - Back to the office...

After the standard breakfast, I walked over to the office this morning at 9:00am after a very good (9 hours) night’s sleep. Today was quite foggy and just about freezing, which made the stone sidewalks very slippery.

At 11:45am, went out to lunch with some development teams – 8 of us, I think. We walked to a nearby Szechwan (which to me, means Spicy Hot) restaurant. We were seated in a private dining room on the 2nd floor overlooking the street with my seat facing the door, per the custom. If I recall properly, we ordered: Spicy (Szechwan whole fish in a large bowl, green beans, hot potato noodle soup, lamb pieces, spicy beef, spicy shrimp, cooked mushroom slices, and something like a mini-potato that tasted a bit like a cocktail onion (which I love). Returned to the office for the afternoon of a couple of meetings and coordinating my remaining time here in the office with others. I do have a pretty sweet office the my visit, the main development meeting room for the two groups. It is a very nice computer meeting table that seats about 10. I feel bad taking their only meeting room nearby, but there are no other places to site and be near my teams – oh well. Also, I am still getting my customary bottled water and Coca-Cola set aside for visitors.

I left work around 5:30pm, finished up my book (hooray), and ordered spaghetti for room service. The spaghetti was delicious, with a couple of sides of garlic toast. I then dug up some flight simulator links for Winson and called it a night.

No comments: