Sunday, November 16, 2014

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Lunch at Lotus restaurant w/ 4 coworkers – we arrived late – maybe 12:00pm) so food came very slowly.  Some very comfortable dishes for an unadventurous Americans: Sweet & Sour Pork – 1st time ever in China – awesome – nice and light and not very sweet.  Also Kung Pow Chicken too – pretty good – also beef squares and shrimp (whole and in the shell).  One of the plates featured a fruit from a Ginkgo tree.  I was having a hard time understanding the word, so Winson said, there is a famous song about it and started to sing “Jingle Bells”.  I started to laugh and he realized that he meant to sing a Ginkgo tree song – funny.  He then played a bit of the actual song from his phone for me.  I wonder if I can find the Ginkgo tree song somewhere…


Dinner was at Korean BBQ with 4 of us.  Meats, Squid, Shrimp, mushrooms.  Excellent side plate of chilled red something – turned out to be beef tendons.  The restaurant featured self-serve drinks – this was a first for me in China – it had Coke Sprite, etc., but also about 8 different fruit juices – yum.  Dinner was about $18/person – but nearly unlimited food.



No comments: